"Business Analytics 2.0 – IDT Co-Promoção 11550”
QREN-Sistema de Incentivos à Investigação e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico
Primavera Business Software Solutions, S. A.
TECNOLOGY-Primavera Software Factory, Unipessoal, Lda and ISCTE-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
01-01-2010 – 30-04-2012
DevScope's assigned amount
The BA project, or "Business Analytics 2.0", main objective is to develop new products that enable all stakeholders to aggregate the right information, at the right time, through appropriate technology and leveraging as much as possible the potentials of the Web 2.0 environment. The result of this project is to give companies the possibility to structure differentiating strategies that enable better decision making in various business functions, including the growth of income and profitability, cost control, innovation and risk mitigation.
This product, in addition to the inherent business strategy, taking advantage of the business opportunities offered by the economic outlook and inherited cost contentions in the companies. This also serve the purpose of filling the PRIMAVERA offer, fitting the offer of analytical systems and management that goes beyond the existing Business Intelligence tools available in the market.
In summary, this project aims to achieve a product that:
- Enables the access to analytical tools to mid-size companies. Typically these companies do not have access to such tools due to the organization and investment needs being totally impeditive for the vast majority of companies covered in this segment;
- Helps to establish and maintain strategic maps, as well as monitoring the performance of management;
- Creates standards for performance and operational analysis, capable of being used by most companies, thus taking advantage of the economy of scale where possible;
- Creates strategies to enable the sharing of knowledge between businesses, such as information and strategic analysis models;
- Dramatically reduces the initial costs of implementation and maintenance of an analytical tool, by defining standards, automation of system updates and general simplification of the use and administration of the tool.
An offer of this kind is clearly a differentiator on the current supply available on the market, either over the required technological innovation or in terms of the market segment we want to address, the latter being a clear opportunity currently.