Hello good people,
We are happy to anounce the release of version 1.5 of our OCR SDK Engine.
Along with lot of improvements we also include a full-featured Windows phone 8 App with full source code, and includes advanced techniques and components for speed and memory management in picture handling like custom camera control with auto-detection of optimum capture resolution, image viewer with pinch and zoom, image re-coding for low memory usage using wp8 native DecodePixelHeight, and more goodies. You can see some screenshots here.
Here is a list of what's new:
- Performance optimizations of the recognizer - Up to 40% faster
- Memory optimizations - The memory usage was reduced 30%
- New full-featured demo App for WP8
- Improvements on the demo for Windows
- Upgrade of the ocr core engine to version 3.03
- Refactoring of the object model and engine interface
- Image used by the ocr internally is now available
- Added more events for control of the recogition steps
- Ability to set tesseract variables from cliente side
- Improvements on the image pre-processing
- Added a noise reduction algorithm for better recognition
- Fixed bug with characters to recognize
- Fixed a list of bugs that was causing memory leaks and errors under special conditions
Happy coding for all and don't forget to contact us if you need any help.
The DevScope Team